“Teaching teachers of rock, pop/jazz choir and concert aesthetics” – 7/11 May 2014 in Aalborg (Danemark) :
The second session of the LEO Sings! European project was focusing on the new areas of vocal practice, exploring various methodologies (Intelligent choir, vocal jazz, performance design…), vocal and physical techniques and tools (Long distance learning, recording contemporary voice music, eartraining, vocal techniques…) and various repertoires (beatbox, vocal percussions, arrangment).
Observing a unique diploma course in this field in Europe, implemented by Royal Academy of Music, is one of the guideline of the workshops and the collective discussions during this session.
Resources (presentations, documentation) :
- Presentation of “The Intelligent choir” by Jim Daus Hjernoe
- Peformance design : practical exericises reported by Susan Yarnaal
- Vocal technic : Voice control by Nina Lange
- Recording contemporary music, by Henrik Birk Aaboe
- Technology tools TC Helicon by Jes Vang
- Collective creative development & innovation by Peder Karlsson and Merel Martens :
- Report with recommandations from Interarts
- Scores from Signe Soerensen :